Waitankung Movement Description
6. VERTICLE ARM STRETCH
To relax the arms and shoulders to make them more flexible. This movement also helps to broaden
the chest and improves eyesight.
- Keep the feet apart at shoulder width and parallel
- Keep the arms hang down naturally
- Raise the left arm in front of the chest, palms facing down, fingers slightly apart
- Place the right hand in front of the stomach (1.5 inches below the naval), palms face up
- Bring hands close and pull them away - 3 times
- Raise the left arm straight up above the head, palm face-up
- Lower the right arm beside the right thigh, palm face-down
- Spread fingers outward 9 times aand wait for ch'i to make arms stretch up and down for
at least 30 seconds
- Repeat steps 3 - 8 with the opposite hand
When in step 8, turn the eye balls to imaginary look inside as if you are staring
at the tip of you skull. This is a common techique in ch'i kung (qi gong) called "intrnal-sight".