Waitankung Movement Description
8. LIFT OF PEARLS
To strengthen the spleen, the reproductive organs and relieve stress.
- The feet remains apart in parallel. Move the left foot to keep a wider distance
- Bend the knees and raise heels to stand on toes
- Place the hands in front of the chest, palms up with fingers facing (but without touching) each other
- Keep head, neck and backbone in a straight line and relax
- Spread fingers outward (i.e., towards the ground) 9 times
- Turn head to the left 3 times, then to the right 3 times
- Lower the palms to 2 inches below the naval, then raise them back to the chest; repeat these movements
20 times or more
This routine is geared toward inducing ch'i to run up and down the paths along the abdomen and the chest from the limbs.