Waitankung Ancillary Movement
5. ARMS WHIRLING
Losen your neck, practice to keep alert and allow ch'i to flow up to the hands.
Raise arms straight to line up with the ears with palms facing each other. Turn head to the left,
turn palms to face against eah other and utter a "Ha!" sound. Repeat this 3 times and leave arms up,
palms facing each other, forat least 10 seconds. Do the same by turning head to the right side.
- Stand still with feet apart in parallel, at shoulder width
- Hang arms down naturally with fingers slightly apart
- Whirl arms upward and, as soon as they are up vertically turn the head to the left,
reverse the direction of the palms to face against each other and utter a "Ha!"
Gradually lower the arms
- Repeat step 3 three times, then leave the arms up for about 10 to 20 seconds
- Repeat 3 & 4 by turning head to the right instead
The movements of turning head, reversing hand direction and uttering the "Ha!" sound must be