To activate your inborn ch'i through relaxation. This is a critcal step to prepare yourself for subsequent routines.
Stand up in a right posture with a calm and peaceful mind. Relax the body with hands hanging down. After while slowly wave hands controlled by waists. This routine should take at least 15 minutes.
- Stand straight with two feet paraellel in inner shoulder width.
Bend knees slightly (approximately one half inch).
- Relax the whole body with two hands loosely hanging down, keeping armpits slightly open and fingers apart with the index finger slightly tilted.
- Breathe naturally; free the mind from any distraction.
- Rest head easily on the neck, with chin slightly tucked in so that the head is in vertical position.
- Look straight ahead with a somewhat smiling gesture to relax the facial muscles.
- Keep jaws close with the tip of tongue touches the upper ridge behind the upper teeth.
- Wait for ch'i to travel around the body. When start feeling parts of the limbs tremble, slowly move arms (from the elbows down) in a up and down motion (but continue to keep fingers apart from each other).
If body trembles vigorously, stop and take a walk to calm down. When moving arms up and down, do not exert any strength.